I love Trader Joe’s, and although I do a majority of my weekly grocery shopping at other stores, I LOVE going to Trader Joe’s to get all my specialty items. I’m constantly exploring and discovering new things, but I thought I’d make a list of my current obsessions!
- Strawberry O’s: I eat this cereal pretty much every morning. I even bring a little baggie of it to school to munch on in class. It’s a harder cereal, and if I eat too much of it the roof of my mouth gets a little sore, but you know what? ITS WORTH IT. The little strawberry yogurt covered pieces are so creamy and delicious, and I love the little clusters of yogurt covered dried strawberry pieces!
- Almond Beverage: I use this almond milk for my cereal, for my smoothies, and for my baking! I hate how expensive almond milk can get at other places, and Trader Joe’s has this unsweetened Almond milk for cheap, and it’s a really great substitute for milk!
- Soyaki Sauce: A coworker of mine recommended this to me as a good marinade, and I made a wonderful foil baked chicken with it, and now i am OBSESSED. This soyaki sauce is so versatile too! You can use it as a meat marinade for BBQ’s or for baking, or use it in your stir fry or fried rice dishes!
- Speculoos Crunchy Cookie Butter: I’ve been a fan of Trader Joe’s signature cookie butter for years. I used to put it on everything! Toast, waffles, pancakes, cookies–sometimes I even eat it straight out of the jar! But recently, I started mixing it into my vanilla bean ice cream, and that was a real game-changer. I know Trader Joe’s already has Speculoos ice cream, but making it myself with the creamier smoother Speculoos (and having as much of it as I wanted hehe) is way better than the frozen chunks that it usually comes with.
- Sriracha Hummus + White corn tortilla chips: Sriracha is one of the greatest condiments to grace our species, and I for one, will try Sriracha flavored anything forever and ever until I die. One of my coworkers brought in this amazing hummus the other day, and I’m pretty sure my heart skipped a beat when I took my first bite. Hummus is yummy, but holy crap, this dip is on a whole other level. It’s just a little bit spicy, and incredibly flavorful, and it goes so well with a simple tortilla chip. I had them with a regular ol’ bag from the store, but if you’re in Trader Joe’s, I recommend the white corn tortilla chips!
- Hash Browns: There’s nothing I enjoy more than potatoes. They’re one of my favorite carbs to indulge in, and one of my top foods to eat for breakfast. When I was a kid, I used to get really excited every time my mother would let me have McDonalds for breakfast, and one of the main reasons was because HASH BROWNS! Crispy, warm, salty delicousness! Two of those babies with a little bit of ketchup, a stack of pancakes or a mcmuffin, and I was the happiest kid on Earth! These frozen hash browns from Trader Joe’s are very reminiscent of those mornings, and I get a little nostalgic every time I pop em’ in the taster oven and smell those golden-brown nuggets heat up! And don’t worry, even though they’re frozen, they still heat up wonderfully!