As a college student, I like making my meals as quickly and with as few dishes as possible, which is why i’m a HUGE fan of one-pot, one-pan, one-bake type recipes! My roommate Rashmi showed me this Sliders 4 Ways video from the Buzzfeed’s Tasty YouTube channel, which are sliders made in one pan! Since it looked relatively simple, we decided to attempt it ourselves, and I gotta say, it turned out pretty well! We made our own turkey sliders that are loosely based on their cheeseburger slider, but we used pepperjack cheese instead and seasoned our turkey meat with my taco spice mix. Ingredients:
1 12-pack of Hawaiian sweet rolls
1 pound ground turkey
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoon chili powder
1 teaspoon cumin powder
½ white onion, diced
4-6 slices pepper jack
1. Preheat oven to 350°F/175°C.
2. Combine the turkey, salt, pepper, chili and cumin in a separate bowl, and transfer to a 9×13 baking tray, mixing thoroughly and pressing it into a flat, even layer.
3. Bake for 20 minutes.
4. Set aside the cooked turkey and drain the liquid.
5. Slice the rolls in half lengthwise.
6. Place the bottom half on the same 9×13 baking tray.
7. Place the cooked turkey layer on the rolls, followed by the onions and pepperjack.
8. Place the remaining half of the rolls on top.
9. Brush the top of the rolls with the the butter.
10. Bake for 20 minutes.
11. Slice, then serve!